The aim of this project was to carry out the installation of fire stopping, cavity barriers, fire collars, roof repairs, new walkway soffits and associated works.
Charles Darwin House
The first two phases of the project are now complete which included:
- Maintenance to existing fd30 doors
- Renewing all flat entrance & balcony doors to fd30 door sets
- Installing fire breaks in all party walls, balcony walkway over coatings
- Internal walls being fire lined to make them compartmental including power points, light switches, ceiling pendent all fire stopped
- All stack pipes having fire collars
- Reinstatement and making good of all external and internal decorations and walkway non-slip coverings
Phase 3 has just started with the sectional decant and removal of occupants while their floors are removed and floor joists are repositioned correctly in this timber frame building. This has required very careful planning and coordination by the site manager and the client.